Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master...30+ years...Shop owner..engine builder..collision structural repair
2947720

I just had my 2008 Wrangler have a completed tune-up

Customer Question

Hi I just had my 2008 Wrangler have a completed tune-up including transmission fluid points and plugs. We have taken great care of this car even with 112,000 miles we never had a mechanical problem. Within twelve hours of the tuneup the check engine light came on. I had them chk it out they couldn't find anything wrong . This morning a day after They brought it back when I tried to start it wouldn't turn over made a lot od rumbling noise and I had a heavy smell of gas it would not stay running. I( turned it off it now sits in my garage. Im so frustrated as it was great before the tune-up I'm a single woman and any ideas?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern. It involves a software update for the vehicle’s computer and has to be done by a dealer, I hate to have to say.
.
.
Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlqnyqoexzk36zq/Wrangler%20bulletin.pdf?dl=0
.
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
If for some reason you don’t wish to rate the answer please state in a post that you are happy with the answers and the service I have provided so that I can send it in as a no click rating and get paid for my time, thanks