sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I do not get heat or air conditioner does not engage, yet

Customer Question

I do not get heat or air conditioner does not engage, yet fan blows, there is a noise in the dash, when I turn off the engine in the dash on the passengers side. I can not drive it at nite when i need to defrost windshield. also the abs light and brake light is lit. it runs fine other than that. does not give any codes, or show it needs recharged. maybe you can steer me in the right direction. I am a senior and need it working before cold gets here, I live in the mountains. Thanks
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You have a couple issues going on.
The ABS and brake light are on either because the ABS module isn't communicating or because it has seen a failure somewhere in the system and set a fault code. Most likely it's awake and has set a code but the proper equipment wasn't used to be able to read the codes. Many parts stores will read codes from the engine controller but won't have the capability to read ABS codes. The first step in diagnosing the problem is to determine if the module is awake, and if it's awake what fault codes are setting. The light may be on for many things including the hydraulic control unit, pump motor, the module itself, wiring or brake switch; the most common cause would be a failed wheel speed sensors.r
It sounds as if you have automatic temperature control and the control head isn't responsive; I'm assuming you have a Grand Cherokee. If the control head isn't responsive then it has either lost a power or ground or has failed internally.
Does the control head not light at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to get these things ck out be for I can ans your questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cancel this please, now not satisfied
If you need more help let me know.