Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Certified
49095596

2006 jeep liberty cranks wont start ,spray start fluid runs,

Customer Question

2006 jeep liberty cranks wont start ,spray start fluid runs, fuel is at rail....injectors not firing
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
You stated that fuel is at the rail but you didn't mention how much pressure is there. Do you know how much fuel pressure is at the fuel rail?
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i dont know....but the fuel pump was replaced about 8 months ago....vehicle has 93k on it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As long as i squirt starting fluid... it runs good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only verified its there...guess 20 to 30 psi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do the injectors need a certain pressure to fire off? Thought they are simple solenoids....m
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had po562 and po700 codes.... i believe are unrelated.
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
At this time, you need to verify fuel pressure. You need at least 50 psi in the fuel rail. Anything less than about 35 psi will result in no start.
Since the pump was replaced recently, especially if it is aftermarket I suspect a possible fuel pump failure...(again)...
Verify fuel pressure and post results here and we can go from there if necessary...
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert
______________________________________
If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer! .