Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 95 4.0 Cherokee, it has an intermitten acceleration

Customer Question

I have a 95 4.0 Cherokee, it has an intermitten acceleration problem. You never know if you'll have good or poor acceleration. One time it will accelerate with pep, then next it accelerates like you're dragging a piano. It will also change power levels while driving along. I replaced the tips switch and it helped for a short time. Local mechanics haven't been able to figure out or solve the problem. Jeep wants $250 just to diagnose it plus repair. Anything would be of help.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
I suggest you take a drive down to your local parts store and see if they can do you a free diagnostic code check some do this service free like autozone .
Then get back to me with the codes .
Greg