Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, L1, Jeep owner, Shop owner
13677702

Im getting mixed answers on the o2 sensor locations. I have

Customer Question

im getting mixed answers on the o2 sensor locations. I have seen the same image on the forums with one detailing bank 2 on passenger side and the same image with bank two on the drivers side. In addition there are people on the forums with differing opinion. Is there a logic to the determination? I am getting bank 2 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 2 faults. thanks
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the CORRECT way to look at this? bank 1 is ALWAYS on the same side as #1 cylinder, In your case? that is the right side of the engine,.so,, bank 2? it is on the LEFT side as sitting in the vehicle, It is always setup this way

So, bank 2 sensor 1 is on the left side of the engine,. Now,, both sensors on same side showing a code? sure could and likely is bad o2 sensor but wanted to remind you, the 2 sensor on that side "talk" to each other, meaning, the front o2 tells computer the reading BEFORE the exhaust goes through the cat converter and then sensor 2 sniffs what the converter did to clean exhaust persay. so,, one can NOT rule out a cat converter going bad, had to mention, We are not looking at live data on a scanner so, step one is to change the 2 o2 sensors. I included a couple links for you to look at

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, did you receive? any questions? thanks