sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I installed a new stereo in my 93 grand cherokee and now the

Customer Question

I installed a new ***** ***** stereo in my 93 grand cherokee and now the alarm is going off - Jeep won't start. What do I do? I hate that alarm.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I'm assuming you have only factory security since you didn't mention otherwise. If the battery was disconnected then the system will have to be disarmed before the engine will start and run.
There are two ways to disarm security. If you have a functional key fob you can press the unlock button.
If no fob is available then unlocking the doors with the key will disarm it provided everything is functional. If it won't disarm from the driver's door then try the passenger door and the liftgate, it isn't uncommon for the disarm switches to fail or fall off the lock cylinder and one or more doors may not have the ability to disarm it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the response...I had already done those things. What I had to do is reinstall the factory radio before the alarm would reset. Then I had to jumper two unused terminals in the wiring harness abapter that the Kenwood didn't use. Apparently that was a security loop that had to be made. On the factory radio these pins were labeled acc and park. After those two pins were jumpered, I reinstalled the new radio and everything was happy.
It sounds as if you may have connected the CCD communication bus wires to something accidentally. The bus wiring wouldn't go to an aftermarket radio and if connected to something then it will prevent communication between modules.