Jeep Service
Jeep Service, Jeep Owner
Experience:  14 years with AMC/Jeep Specializing with pre-1994 Jeep products.
14892859

I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2wd 4.7 V8 limited

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2wd 4.7 V8 limited edition ,
Check engine light is on with p1499 code.. Plus I notice that my cooling fan is turning very slow , I can stop it my hand.. I know that it hydraulic driven fan but I live in the desert and reaches 100-120 degrees out here in the summer.. Anyways my car started to over heat and it seem like the fan isn't cooling my engine like it should, any input on that.. I'll really appreciate it.. Thanks!!
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jeep Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This is a problem that Jeep has addressed...They have produced a technical service bulletin on this issue. The rectification, per the service bulletin, is to replace the hydraulic fan control solenoid. The part number is ***** You gan get this part at any Jeep dealership parts counter. It is not available anywhere else (like autozone, etc). Replace the solenoid and your issue should be corrected.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer