sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I was driving 2 hours got off my exit went down the slide ll

Customer Question

I was driving for about 2 hours got off my exit went down the slide hill my 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee shut off nothing on it turns none of the gauges work can you help me please
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You may have a handful of things going on. If nothing comes on when the key is turned on then you may have an ignition switch or wiring issue or possibly a blown fuse in the power distribution center. If you're just seeing the fuel gauge and voltmeter not working along with a crank/no start condition then the powertrain control module is down, which is usually caused by an internal failure in the module.
Does the starter engage and crank the engine?
Does everything else electrical work but the fuel gauge and voltmeter stay down?