Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Damaged key message and I need to go! What do I do? HELP

Customer Question

damaged key message and I need to go! What do I do? HELP
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm looking for a way to start the car now. Not that it's an ignition of WCM problem that I can find on line already. Need a solution now if there is one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been more than an HOUR. This is not the fast response I expected. I need to call AAA or I'll be baking out here forever. And you need to cancel me out, give me my $5 back and delete my card info. This is truly false advertising.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, its been an hour, because you said you did not want to hear its in the SKISS system, and wanted a way to start it, but there is no way, if the computer does not see the signal from the key, it will not allow it to start, a new key would need to be programmed into the system, and this requires a special scanner to do, there is no way to bypass the system, its made so you cant, for anti theft situations,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tim. That a would have been a good response because I could have called the tow truck immediately. It wasn't meant to be literal. N
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
yOU CAN ALSO HAVE A MOBILE LOCKSMITH COME OUT AND CUT A NEW KEY AND PROGRAM IT, IT IS CHEAPER THAN THE DEALER AND SAVES A TOW BILL, OUR LOCAL LOCKSMITH CHARGES 70 DOLLARS TO DO THIS, THE DEALER GETS OVER 200 DOLLARS,tIM