sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2000 jeep GC 4.7 stalls while driving and idling traced

Customer Question

2000 jeep GC 4.7 stalls while driving and idling traced problem to a small box on fire wall has three little boxes with wires to each one and if I wiggle second one"the middle one" engine stalls and after it stalls while driving and warmed up I wiggle boxes again and gauges come back on and starts
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I believe you're referring to the powertrain control module. The PCM is the silver rectangular module mounted on the firewall, it has three 32-way electrical connectors.
If you're moving a PCM connector and causing the engine to die or that allows it to start then the problem could be a connector terminal issue, but it's pretty certainly a failed PCM. It wasn't uncommon for these to develop internal circuit board issues and moving the connectors would cause the board enough to flex and kill the engine. Replacing the PCM will almost certainly be necessary to repair your problem.