Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 1998 Cherokee 4.0 inline 6 with MPI. Two days ago

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Cherokee 4.0 inline 6 with MPI . Two days ago it started stalling every time I turned a corner and now it wont start at all. The weather here has been hot and I was thinking vapor lock or fuel pump, what do you think ? THANK YOU !
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! Sounds like a problem with the fuel pump in the tank. I say this because it was only stalling when you turned a corner. However the other things that come to mind is a possible wiring problem under the hood and/or a cam or crank sensor problem. Tell me this: When you turn on the ignition, can you hear the fuel pump in the tank come on for about 2 seconds and then turn off? also, can you see the tachometer needle move up just a little bit when you crank the engine?
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem?
Chris