sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I am screwed, ETC light came on,car lost most of its power

Customer Question

I am screwed, ETC light came on,car lost most of its power and have to be a thousand miles from here in 24 hours 2009 CRD Grand Cherokee
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are many things that will cause the ETC light to come on. The engine controller has seen an issue that will prevent it from properly controlling RPM and has set a fault code. It could be anything from the accelerator peal position sensor itself, wiring, it could be a turbo or intercooler system issue, a swirl valve related problem, a boost pressure sensor issue, the problem could be charging system related.
The first thing that will need to be done is use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set. Depending on what codes are set it may take some electrical testing from there to determine exactly what is going on.