Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 99 Jeep gr cherokee 4.7 I had the solenoid pack replaced

Customer Question

I have a 99 Jeep gr cherokee 4.7 I had the solenoid pack replaced when we tried to start it up and put it into gear it only went into rev that gear now moves it forward. i have no idea what went wrong?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** a 16 Yr Jeep dealership technician and I will be helping you with your question today...
Sounds like whoever replace the solenoid pack didn't do it correctly. I would give them a call and have them fix it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so they need to take it off and reinstall it? They said it was in park and installed it the same as the orig one was taken off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi is anyone there?
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Yes I'm here and I have other customers to reply to......... If it wasn't doing this before the repair then you need to call the shop and have them come get it and fix it.. It sounds like they didn't hook up the linkage correctly...
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Since you didn't do the repair and it wasn't like this before then the shop is responsible.. But if you want to fix it yourself I would manually shift it from the outside of the case and if it still will not go into drive then you wil need to drop the pan and valvebody to find the issue..