Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Grand Cherokee: My 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 started jerking

Customer Question

My 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 started jerking a little on the highway when I was going around 70 mph. The check engine light came on shortly after that and the code was P0108 which means it has something to do with the MAP sensor. It only jerks a little when im on the highway and it barely jerks when its on cruise control going around 70 mph. Im just wondering if this is serious and will it damage my car to keep driving it like this.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. Replace the MAP sensor, it is a common problem. Problem can get worse causing you to be stranded but it should not lead to more damage. Here is a picture to help you locate. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsxggyjvsr0q8tg/map.pdf?dl=0
-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you resend the picture? Everything is showing up on the link you sent me except the picture.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if this link works.
-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/92jhl0c87v5wzdb/map.PNG?dl=0
-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright thank you, ***** ***** worked.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Good to hear, let me know if you run into questions. Thanks.