Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Grand Cherokee: my 2000 grand Cherokee roof goes to close and

Customer Question

my 2000 grand Cherokee roof goes to close and about 2" from the closed position, it stops then reopens.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The roof closes to within 2" of the closed position. The gasket plate goes down, then the roof appears to stall then retracts into the full open position. I wasn't sure how it determines end of stroke - isit a torque sensor or an end switch? The computer appears to believe it is at the end or the stroke while it is still open. also, how do you disassemble the liner to access the assembly?
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Is there any trash in the guide plates? Try lubing the tracks and disconnect battery to it relearns the stops..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what kind of lube and just the tracks? Are there pivot points also?
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Just some white lube or dieelectric grease.. If this doesn't work you will need a scantool to see what codes are in the Sunroof module
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what type of scan tool?
White lube - lithium spray or lithium grease?
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
It really doesn't matter what grease you use, just something to lube up the tracks.. And for your 2000 model you will need a DRBIII