Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Wagoneer: buddy, my question hopefully is fairly simple.

Customer Question

Hi buddy, my question hopefully is fairly simple. I have a 1983 Wagoneer that I have restored and am wanting a new engine for it. With JEGS they have a bored and stroked 360 CI V8 that is now 408 CI and 375 HP. They advised that the 408 being MOPAR is not the same as the '83 360 V8 that is in my Wagoneer. My present 360 is hooked up to a TorqueFlite Automatic trans so that kinda makes me think that it is the same as an'83 Mopar 360. They have a 408 CI 375 HP engine that is just $3,995 which seems fairly reasonable, do you agree??
Thanks so much for your answer!!!!!!
Mike Warrick
P.O. Box 346
Creede, Co.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very simply, is the '83 360 V8 in the Wagoneer the same as the '83 Mopar 360V8????
Again, thanks so very much,
Mike Warrick
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Welcome to our site. The answer is no. A Chrysler 360 and a AMC 360 only share the fact that they're both 360 CID V8's. When Chrysler took over in 1987, they decided to keep the AMC 360 in some of the Jeep vehicles. It was available in the Grand Wagoneer until 1991. Best Regards.
Hi again. Just checking to see if the information I provided helped you solve your issue. If it did, kindly accept and rate my answer now. If it didn't, please reply.
Best Regards.