Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Jeep grand cherokee laredo: 1999 jeep grand cherokee laredo

Customer Question

1999 jeep grand cherokee laredo when you turn on the head lights they flicker they don't go all the way off but they flicker and when you turn on the lights you loose the tach temp oil gauge and fuel gauge and sometimes the a/c quites working my scanner won't communicate to see live data but will get trouble codes has a bus code and a no speed sensor code I feEl like this is a ground issue it has a 4.7 v8
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this does sound like a loss of ground or power which will cause all of these issues here.I would start with checking power and ground at the battery as well as to where the cables lead to from the battery to see if any issues are found.If a fault is found with any of the cables or connections this will need resolved to correct this here.
I would also check the fuse panels for any loose or damaged wiring needing repaired.
Thanks Pete