Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Patriot: I have a 2010 patriot and on acceleration at shift

Customer Question

I have a 2010 patriot and on acceleration at shift points jeep torque steers creating jolts to either right and sometimes left. Any ideas what causes this?trying to figure out what needs fixing.I'm currently unemployed and can't afford to take it to Jeep.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. This is most likely loose sub frame bolts. If they are loose, then the sub frame can shift a little under acceleration and cause torque steer Check and tighten all 4 large sub frame bolts. If the problem continues, then have the alignment checked and adjusted if needed. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!
Thank you!
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done new control arms and tie rods last month and already put a set of new tires and had it professionally aligned.all bolts were tight as I inspected while I had it up and apart.everything was great up until a week ago.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Something loosened up in that sub frame or suspension /steering system. Get her up on a hoist and recheck all fasteners again.
Chris