Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Grand cherokee laredo: our 2004 jeep grand cherokee is sputtering

Customer Question

our 2004 jeep grand cherokee is sputtering did a full tune up plugs wires and coil changed fule fliter and also the dealership replased the pcm with a used one and reprogramed it was fine for about 100 miles then it started doing it again no code have been set
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. The crankshaft position sensor is common to fail causing ignition problems so that is the first place I'd look which may require a scope. I would bring it back to dealership and let them know you expect them to fix problem and they should be willing to do it for free or give a good deal. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cam shaft crank shaft sensors where replaced prior to dealer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Was replacing PCM only thing that temporarily solved the problem? If so, that would point toward the PCM failing again.