Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master...30+ years...Shop owner..engine builder..collision structural repair
2947720

I have a 1999 jeep manual trans, eng 4.0 after driving for

Customer Question

I have a 1999 jeep manual trans, eng 4.0 after driving for about 45 min the trans is hard to shift to won't shift. Replaced the clutch hyd. twice. The second kit was a dealer kit. Dave Kennesaw GA
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today..That is normally a weak pressure plate. When it gets hot the metal fingers flex and the plate can't release the disc. I have seen that more times than I can remember. When they cool off the sifting gets easier, (normal) and the hydraulic system is working as it should.….Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.. Thanks and come again, anytime.. .