Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

Cherokee: I have a 1997 jeep Cherokee sport. I just took seats

Customer Question

I have a 1997 jeep Cherokee sport. I just took seats out and ripped the carpet out and at the end of the job, my abs light is on..... I have no clue what it could be..please help
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the abs light fuse and it's not blown. I hope I didn't disconnect anything while doing the carpet. The only thing I had to disconnect was a plug running to the driver seat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My brake system seems to work good. I don't even know ow what to look at or for.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Anytime the ABS light comes on the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes, in order to determine what is causing the light to come on you are going to need to start with having the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the code I can direct you in the correct repair.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, where can I get the code read for me?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
In most cases you can stop by your local parts store such as AutoZone and have the computer system read at no charge. Try that first and see what ABS codes come up and post back and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. I'll get that done asap
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Im here everyday, post back when you can and we can work from there..