Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Wrangler: I have a 2000 jeep wrangler and when i got home

Customer Question

I have a 2000 jeep wrangler and when i got home the oil pressure went to 0
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
is the engine making any noises, have you checked the oil level and do you have an oil pressure gauge?2 possible things here 1 and MOST common is the oil pressure sender failed, causing a bad reading, and 2 a failure in the engine or no oil in the engine either way there the engine will have to come out and be repaired, to determine which you need an oil pressure test gauge to determine how much oil pressure you have
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am very aware of the importance of maintenance. Oil has less than 2000 miles on it and at good level not changed since oil change. Pressure gauge is in psi normal has been 40 to 50 consistently. Do you think i could replace a few things before a full motor overhaul, oil pressure sending unit or is it possible for the pump to fail suddenly? It acted like i shut the vehicle off when the gauge went to zero, no noises and it starts and runs normal other than no oil presume and check gauges.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
as i said before let's check the actual oil pressure FIRST do you have a gauge and the ability to use it no sense in wasting good money on guesses the 4.0 was a great engine but did have a few faults