sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

The car will no crank, stating no fuse, manual is not giving

Customer Question

the car will no crank, stating no fuse, manual is not giving detail info to help me. a red round light is glowing on dash board. try boasting the car, not the battery. I need help!!
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If you're seeing a no fuse warning in the instrument cluster it's because the cluster isn't seeing voltage on the IOD fuse circuit.
The round red light is the S***** *****ght. The SKIM system consists of the key, wireless control module, and powertrain control module. The WCM has to validate the transponder in the key and then send a message to the PCM that it's ok to start and run the engine. If the S***** *****ght is lit solid that means the WCM isn't able to communicate with the PCM.
You may have a number of things going on but if the problems started at the same time then I would first suspect a problem in the TIPM, the module/fuse box under the hood.
Does the fuel pump run when the key is first turned on?
Have you checked for communication with the PCM using a scan tool?