Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Liberty: 2005 Jeep Liberty will not turn over, has power (so

Customer Question

2005 Jeep Liberty will not turn over, has power (so is not the battery)
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Does it click when trying to start the engine? If so, it click once or multiple times?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is nothing.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Ok the most common cause of this no start condition would be a bad starter motor provided there are no anti theft or security lights on or flashing on the dash. Your best bet would be to check for power down at the starter motor with the key in the frank position. If both terminals have full battery voltage with the key in the crank position and the starter is not engaging, the starter is bad and will need to be replaced.
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not starter. Pulled starter relay jumped pin 30 to pin 87 starter engaged.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok call tomorrow thanks
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry for the delay! Does the PCM communicate with a code reader or a scanner? If not, the PCM might be bad. Another posible cause is the ignition actuator shaft. Your best bet would to start by checking the inputs to the starter relay. Make sure that power is coming to the relay on terminal #30 all of the time, and make sure that terminal 86 gets power in the "crank" position. Monitor the Transmission Range Sensor in the scan data, be sure that it shows "park" or "neutral" when attempting to start. Ground pin #38 of the C3 connector at the Powertrain Control Module and see if vehicle cranks over. This test verifies the integrity of the wiring between the starter relay and the PCM
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Please accept my offer and call me so we can chat. Please leave a massage if I dont answer. Talk to you soon.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Let me know!
Customer