Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Sahara: , trying to get my jeep to shift out of park. Brake

Customer Question

hi, trying to get my jeep to shift out of park. Brake lights are coming on, button on shifter goes in; however cannot get it to shift out of park. Is this a Transmission issue? 2010 Jeep Sahara, 80K mileage
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Most likely the shift lock on the shifter is faulty and not releasing when energized from the brake signal. Are you able to do shifter and console dis-assembly and electrical testing? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris