Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Cherokee: 99 Jeep cherokee lareo. check engine light WILL NOT

Customer Question

99 Jeep cherokee lareo. check engine light WILL NOT COME ON. It sems to be burned out
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correction- 2002 grand cherokee laredo doesnt pass smog test. Check engine light does not come ON. it seems to be burnt out. Where is it located and how can I find it to fix it myself. Also get a code for a large vacuum leak at the canister or possible faulty gas cap.
Thank ypu
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! The indicator lamps in the instrument cluster (including the check engine light) use incandescent bulbs and holders. Each incandescent indicator lamp has a replaceable bulb and bulb holder. So you can remove the cluster and replace that bulb. If you need the procedure on how to remove the instrument cluster let me know and I will send it to you. As far as the evap leak code, you can have a shop use their smoke leak tester to locate and repair the leak.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!Thank you! Chris