Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Liberty: Robert, I had a new integrated FOB key made

Customer Question

Robert, I had a new integrated FOB key made for my 2010 Jeep Liberty at a Jeep Dealer 12 months ago. They "programmed" the new integrated FOB key and also installed a new control module and a Right Rear Door actuator. My son has been driving the Jeep at college the last twelve months but the doors and hatch locks have been inconsistently responding to the new integrated FOB key's lock/unlock buttons (sometimes locking/unlocking and other times not). Now, the other day after stating the car "and driving it" with the second older FOB, the red circular light at the bottom of the instrument panel is blinking constantly as soon as the ignition is turned on and it "stays on" while driving. Is the solution to have the FOBS reprogrammed again? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
The first step is to retrieve the codes from the WIN module to determine what the cause is. Without a scantool you will not be able to repair this issue..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Been to two dealers and both service departments gave me the run around - the first installed the new control module and RR door actuator. Also reprogrammed the new integrated FOB. When asked why the blinking solid red light was on all they said was bring the car in and they would diagnosis the problem. The second dealer said he could not get to it for two weeks due to existing appointments. Both dealers seemed to want quick oil change jobs not one involving diagnosis of an electrical problem. A neighbor suggested the solution may be as simple as reprogramming the FOBS. What is your best "quess" ???
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
The very first step in determining what it causing the light is to see what codes are in the WIN module. We will be just guessing unless I know the codes.. It could range from a bad WIN module to a communication issue.. Did the dealerships tell you what codes were in it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately the dealership did not tell me about what codes were showing in the module because they did not hook up the module to a scan tool. Not very good service from that dealership service department
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Darn it.. Without some more information I couldn't tell you what's wrong with it.. Also it sounds like you need to find a better dealership.. I hate hearing of bad dealerships giving all of us a bad name..