sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Cherokee: My key won,t come out of my 2008 jeep grand cherokke

Customer Question

My key won,t come out of my 2008 jeep grand cherokke I have to wait 10 t0 15 seconds and then it will release
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This could be a couple things and it will take monitoring data with a scan tool when it acts up to see exactly what is happening.
The key isn't turning to the lock position because of the shifter interlock. The wireless ignition node (WIN) has to see the shifter is in the park position before it will release the key. What needs to be done is watch the 'gated park switch' state in the WIN at the time the key won't turn back. If it shows that it's in park then the WIN can be condemned; the WIN is the most common cause of this.