Arench
Arench, Master Technician
Experience:  30-years experience auto and truck repair.
13630601

Wrangler: I have a 2014 jeep wrangler Rubicon and check engine

Customer Question

I have a 2014 jeep wrangler Rubicon and check engine light came on, any ideas
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Arench replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you understand what is happening.The check engine light is a malfunction indicator set on by your truck's engine control computer.The computer monitors all engine, transmission and emissions system components as well asperforming logical tests as you drive. One or more components or tests is out of range on your Jeep. There are actually over 100 differentreasons for the light to come on. The computer sets and stores a code which can beretrieved by a scan tool to aid in diagnosis. Mechanics and some auto parts stores have these toolsand this procedure of scanning for codes is quite commonplace by mechanics, and motorists alike. Once the code(s) are known then a diagnosis and repair can begin. If the check engine light is flashing this indicates an engine misfire which is a serious conditionrequiring urgent action to be taken on your part. If the check engine light is not flashing then there is a good chance there is an emissions system relatedmalfunction and you can investigate the cause in a timely but not emergency manner. The most frequently appearing fault code for this truck is P0440 which translates into an evaporative emissions system fault.You may want to check that your gas cap is installed properly as this can set an evap leak code and turn the light on.Anything beyond this I would hope is covered under warranty being the truck is 2013-14?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  Arench replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome and thanks for using our service.