roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  My knowledge of Jeeps from the early 60's till present. Love to help people with there issues.
3506196

Concerning the msg I keep getting about the coolant sensor

Customer Question

concerning the msg I keep getting about the coolant sensor
Category: Jeep
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist
what is your question????
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received a solution to my problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried disconnecting the battery thinking the computer would reset itself but the msg is still appearing. I did replace the sensor and measured the voltage and the resistance. they are both ok.
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
ok, I did not see a question on this post
what is the problem??? if you have a code, what is the code??? re setting the system does nothing to fix the problem. you need to diagnose it and correct it.
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My problem is I am getting a msg on the center screen that my coolant sensor is bad . It has been replaced and the the voltage and resistance are in spec..
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
I see nothing about a year, make or model on your car. if a code has set for coolant sensor, in most cases the failure is the thermostat.
I would love to help but I need information to help
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
98 jeep GCLIM. nO CODE SET, NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. No results on a scanner. I'm told this msg refers to the coolant level sensor. And not the engine temp.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would still like to try to get this problem resolved. I continue to drive the Jeep. No other indications of other problems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brad went off line. He asked me a question, but there was no answer space provided. His question was , is the msg showing on the lower msg center? yes