Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Have an issue with my 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Engine

Customer Question

Have an issue with my 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Engine turns over but will NOT start. Here's what's been done so far....
NEW
cap
rotor
cam position sensor
crank sensor
battery
wires
plugs
all sensors related to throttle body
There's more but I will wait for you to ask so I don't make a novel out of this post LOL!
I'm a small engine mechanic, but this shit really has me stumped.
Hope you can help.
Thanks,
Joe
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you have not had the fuel system tested there is a chance the fuel pump is weak or fuel filter is clogged causing this issue here needing replaced.If this was already checked or replaced let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Pete,

I checked the fuel rail via the shrader valve. There's fuel in the rail but I don't know what the pressure from the valve is supposed to be. Do I check it from the valve?

Also, the Jeep is a straight 6 inline 242 cu in. 230,000 miles on it. I had an issue over the winter where the Jeep stalled coming around the corner from my apartment. The wire harness was rubbing on the back of the vehicle somewhere but it was repaired and didn't have a problem until April of this year. When the Jeep ran, it was rough running with codes of misfire in #3 and #4 fuel injectors. I replaced #3 but not #4 yet til I get it running. Also, the cam and crank sensor codes as well. Which BOTH were replaced. Hope this helps ya.

JOE

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I sent a reply but it didn't go thru. I will send a brief answer to your fuel question. There's fuel at the fuel rail. Didn't pressure test it cuz I can't find my tester. Anyway, I get fuel out of the shrader valve but don't know the pressure its coming out at. If need be I will get another tester. So the fuel pump is coming on.

Also, its a 4.0 242 cu in inline 6 engine. Don't know if I told you that or not. Sorry if I'm repeating myself but you understand the frustration I'm having with this Jeep lol. Thanks

JOE

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay.I was on vacation for a bit there.
Did you still need help with this here?
Let me know,thanks Pete.