Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Wrangler YJ: I have a jeep 1988 jeep wrangler YJ 4 cyl.

Customer Question

I have a jeep 1988 jeep wrangler YJ 4 cyl. my problem as we speak is that I am not getting voltage to the fuel pump when the key is on . I have already replaced the pump and now I have the connector unplugged at the tank. With the key off I don't have power at the orange wire in the fuel injector "at top of carbonator".
When I turn the key on I do have 3.5 volts on the orange wire at carburetor. But no voltage at the tank plug...I do have 12 volts at my fuse box under dash.
My wiring diagram shows that from the fuel pump relay which I cant find it appears power comes in on a red wire and leaves orange. I believe this is working due to the orange wire getting power at the carburetor..
Please Help me with the next move ***@******.*** or a call would be great XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! Rusty you should have power at the pump for only 2 seconds at key on, then the power will come back on when you crank the engine. Have you checked it that way??
Chris