Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Jeep Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Jeep Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

Patriot: How do you tighten the serpentine drive belt on a

Customer Question

How do you tighten the serpentine drive belt on a 2007 jeep patriot
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
You cannot "tighten" the Serpentine Belt. The belt is tightened automatically by the Belt Tensioner. To install the belt, install the accessory drive belt around all the pulleys except for the generator pulley. Using a wrench, rotate accessory drive belt tensioner counterclockwise until accessory drive belt can be installed on the generator pulley . Release spring tension onto accessory drive belt. The Tensioner is #8 in THIS IMAGE. Please remember, your rating is required. Leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer and let me know how my service was today! You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.