Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Liberty: I have a 2005 jeep liberty 3.7 when I go and turn

Customer Question

I have a 2005 jeep liberty 3.7 when I go and turn the key to start the engine it sounds like it wants to turn over but will either struggle to say on for 30 seconds before it stops or simply won't turn over plus the engine and oil light turns on
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you pulled codes from the computer yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but I think my scanner is no good for this year or it can't read what's the problem is.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
You can retrieve codes without a scanner, if you sit in the drivers seat and close the door, you must then cycle the key on/off 3 times , ending in the on position, the codes will then appear in the odomater window, where the mileage is, can you try this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P0522 is what it said
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** this code, you most likely hav a bad oil pressure sending unit and is very common, when this happens, the oil will come on and you will lose power and sometimes wont start, if the computer sees low oil pressure it will shut it down, hav you checked the oil level yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes oil level is good so what else should I look at?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
then you need to replace the oil sending unit,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it's the sensor right above the oil filter that I just changed its not it because it's still throwing up the code and won't start still
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Then the next step is to check the actual oil pressure, this is done by rmoving the oil sending unit and screwing a manual gauge into the hole and cranking it over and reading the pressure, can you do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What gauge will I need and what rating should I look for ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I hooked up the gauge and turns on the engine and it read 50 is that good?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
and is the oil light still on when cranking, it does not go off after a few revolutions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well after not knowing what to do next I retrast my tracks and found the main hoses in the fuel pump I put in was disconnected and properly clamped it in and started it up and it turned on but then struggled and ultimately turns off again and to answer your question the light is off until the engine kicks off and the oil light bings on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Retrace my tracks, and found the main hoses in the fuel pump was disconnected. So after I clamped that back on I go to turn on the car and it kicks on for 30 seconds and then the engine shakes and turns off. At that point the oil light Bing's back on. What should I look at next?( please disregard the previous description it was hard to read )
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
i CAN SET UP A PHONE CALL IF YOU LIKE"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks any more
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can my car be unable to read my keys
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You know cuz I had my battery unplug for a long time?