sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Wrangler Rubicon: My 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with automatic

Customer Question

My 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with automatic climate controls no longer provides heat. We smelt an electrical burning smell while on a trail today then we noticed we had no heat. The smell was noticeable under the hood. The air conditioner still functions, as does all the positions for air flow.
How do I trace this problem?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the blower motor works ok, you're able to control temperature and the a/c works but you have no heat along with a smell under the hood I would first suspect a coolant issue. You may have smelled coolant burning off the exhaust. Low coolant level will cause poor or no heat.
Has the coolant level in the radiator been checked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Coolant levels are all normal. It was definitely an electrical burning smell. We spent the entire day today on trails with no additional issues.There must be a bad wire under the hood through one of the many connectors. When the automatic temperature control calls for heat, what wires are used through which connectors to request the heat solenoid to open?
There is nothing electrical under the hood that is related to heat.
With the engine at operating temperature if you grab the heater hoses at the firewall are they both too hot to comfortably hold an do you feel a temperature difference?