bill
bill, jeep master tech
Experience:  25 years with jeep drivability and electrical expert
5203640

Grand Cherokee Ltd.: still getting same msg on my 1998 GCLtd

Customer Question

still getting same msg on my 1998 GCLtd about the sensor.. Nothing has changed Voltage to sensor is 5, Resistance of sensor about 3400+. Nothing has changed. Any further clues. I'm nopt too concered but would like to get rid of this msg.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
i assume this is coming up in the EVICwhich sensor have you changed? if it is the one in the engine it's NOT the correct sensor, the one that throws a code in the EVIC is in the COOLANT RECOVERY BOTTLE and is the level sensor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
msg on center console, coolant sensor bad. replaced and still getting the same msg.98gclim,5.2 v8, ft4whl dr. 10900miles.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
I have asked before did you change the sensor IN the coolant bottle, or the one in the engine??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, in the coolant bottle.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
this is a simple of on switch it is not a sensor as you may know it so if you are still getting the error then the evic display has failed internally and must be replaced, you MIGHT be able to get an electronics shop to repair yours as these we're very common to fail and the high failure rate was the reason they were discontinued, if you would like to test the wires from the sensor to the evic display i will need the vin to pull a correct wiring diagram