Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Grand cherokee: I have a1998 jeep cherokee has no spark or

Customer Question

I have a1998 jeep cherokee has no spark or fuel pump. Turn key on and only warning light that comes on is abs
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! This can be caused by 1 a blown PCM fuse, 2 a shorted cam or crank sensor, or 3 a failed PCM. Let me look up the fuse for the PCM so you can check it. If it is ok, then I want you to disconnect the cam (distributor) and crankshaft sensor (on the top of the left side of bell housing). If the fuel pump comes on after disconnecting them, then replace the appropriate sensor. If the pump still will not come on, then replace the PCM (engine computer). I will find the fuse and will be back in a bit.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok, there are 2 fuses. one is fuse # ***** (a 20 amp fuse) in the under hood fuse box, and the other is fuse # ***** (a 15 amp fuse). I hope this information helps you get this diagnosed, and let me know if you need more help.
Chris