tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair, Mechanic
Experience:  own shop 25yrs
14541291

How can i fix my jeep to

Customer Question

how can i fix my jeep to stay running runs about 3 seconds and shuts off. security light on not flashing. Gauges not always working.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  tim's auto repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youwhat is the year,model and engine size?does it only do this when the gauges arent working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No first the gauges started working off and on and security light was on and not flashing. I took off battery cables off to reset computers,after i put cables back on thats when it would start and only run for three seconds.
but..are the gauges working now?
are the lights lighting up in the cluster?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lights light up when i turn the key to the on position and go back out after bulb check, then light with picture of key and circle through it comes back on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gauges do not work for the three seconds that it runs.
ok
i would think your problem is the instrument cluster,,these were known for this,,sometimes you can slap the top of the dash to jar[vibrate] the cluster,then the gauges may begin to work,,the jeep should run as long as the gauges work,,still yet,the cluster will need to be replaced..\
you can get a good buy on a new cluster at www.ebay.com or from your local salvage yard..
also,there is a company in TN. that rebuilds the clusters..
AUTOMOTIVE SCIENTIFIC INC.***-***-****
THANKS
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i do not accept your answer,i learned that much by googling it. I will not give you a bad review,but want my money back.
ok