Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2002 jeep grand cherokee. My sunroof will vent upwards

Customer Question

I have a 2002 jeep grand cherokee. My sunroof will vent upwards and down it will open, but will not slide close. I have to literally push it hard as hell to try and close it and still it leaves a gap. After a few mins (20 min) of opening and closing (with force), it will close . i don't know what to do now. I haven't used my sunroof in 6 months.😭
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
You will need a scantool to retrieve the codes from the sunroof module to determine the issue.. Are you going to doing the repairs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i will be doing the repairs
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Do you hear it binding when you try to close it or does it not do anything? So after working it back and forth for 20 minutes does it open and close fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i hear it binding. After working it back and forth it still binding. It opens fine, closing is the problem
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Do you see any debris in the slide tracks? It would either be a track or motor issue..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't see any, but that doesn't mean it's none there. About how much is a track or motor?
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
If I could get the last 8 of your VIN I would be glad to check for you..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2c196630
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Let me check for you