Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

There is a hose running from interior to engine compartment

Customer Question

There is a hose running from interior to engine compartment it is located below the engine coolant tank is this maybe a sweat drain or something of that nature?
I originally was looking for a possible vacuum leak because i am receiving AC from defrost vents only,
I didn't find anything at first . then I noticed i needed to top off my coolant tank.
after a bit I did see water pouring out ???
Is it right or could it be my problem?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The evaporator drain hose does not connect the cooling system at all and is not even long enough to get a hold of, its just long enough to allow the water to drain out of the evaporator core at the firewall under the Ac/heater plenum. If your loosing coolant while filling then the line is likely the line that connects to the radiator over flow to the reservoir. It should connect at the radiator .