Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Wrangler: I've had my 1989 4.2 litre since it was stolen and

Customer Question

I've had my 1989 4.2 litre since it was stolen and stripped at 300 miles on the odometer. It has stayed in the garage covered waxed every couple months...inside and out flawless white paint, grey interior, 8 point cage, 33" BFG All-Terras, on real forged Alcoa, Curry outfitted, National Springs, bolted to Rancho hard ware.
It now has 33,000 miles 26 years later:) I've had several other projects and cars during this time. Before I hand this off to my kids, I gotta do something with the thing they call a carburetor. no leeks on the motor, It just runs one way for smog and a little better on a climb...Can you tell me what system to install?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would check with an auto accessory install facility to see if they can come up with a throttle body injected system.This would involve replacing the throttle body,adding a higher pressure fuel pump,computer and wiring harness change as well.
Thanks Pete