Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 1997 jeep grand Cherokee laradeo and went to

Customer Question

hello I have a 1997 jeep grand Cherokee laradeo and went to replace crank position sensor and the old CPS was had no old bolt and apparently bolts don't come with new crank pos sensors I am in a fine mess your my last resort I have seems called CHINA and no one can find a replacement bolt and junk yards take out the transmissions and cut used bolts off to get to transmission faster un aware they discontinued this bolt in 2007 and theyre isn't one like it not even for a dodge Dakota HELP ME PLEASE NEED BOLT, SOUNDS RIDICULOUS BUT SPECIAL BOLT INDEED IT IS MORE SO THAN THE JUNK YARDS KNOW
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
Hi,i have an idea
What size engine is in it please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4.0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband said to tell you that on 2 separate occasions junk yards have located the wrong bolt for the same exact jeep and they were not only to big a bolt that sensor required 2 bolts very strange
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just seems like no one really knows the specs on the bolt they tell us wrong everytime when we try and find the size thread etc. When I tell someone I just need a bolt to fix it they act like I'm stupid, this crap has made us go insane its crazy
Thanks,
I was going to have you use www.car-part.com and fill in the info because it does a nationwide search of salvage yards that have the part. I was hoping to find a yard that had the cam sensor and call them and ask them if they would sell the sensor and bolt together....but i didnt find that sensor under "sensor" drive train, but it sure wouldnt hurt to call one of them and you might find a nice guy go out and get the measurements at least.....i'm trying hard for ya!
I wish we had one in the shop and i could tell you real quick but we sure cant remember the specs on all bolts...lol
let me know if that helps at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello did you guys ever find that bolt for my jeep grand Cherokee Laredo where I can get it? what size bolt?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I will try it
Cant find one. I will stop by a salvage yard nearby tomorrow if they are open and see if i can get the size
Hi, nope. They are closed for the holiday like i figured. I will try again for you on monday if you havent found one by then.