Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

My question has to do with a new 2015 2dr Jeep Sahara.

Customer Question

Hi. My question has to do with a new 2015 2dr Jeep Sahara. (I had a 2014 with leather heated seats and they were totally awesome comfortable). My new 2015 has cloth seats. They are killing my back. I've adjusted them just as I did on the 2014, but my back
is still hurting. So my question is this: Is there something structurally different in the way leather seats are built compared to the cloth seats that could affect comfort level? (some kind of additional, or less, foam padding, bolstering, metal frame difference,
etc)? Something that could account for such a discomfort in what appears to be other wise identical seats? I have contacted the dealership, Jeep Customer Care, etc., and no one can give me a specific answer. I am totally willing to swap out back to leather
seats, IF I know there is some structural or padding difference in the way they are built that can account for the difference in comfort. Help!
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
They are the same seats, cushions, frame, etc. We install leather here at my dealership and all we do is remove the cloth and install leather... I hope this helps,Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So there is absolutely no difference whatsoever, in the padding, foam, blostering of the factory cloth seats vs. the leather seats? Is that exactly what you are telling me?
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
No there is no difference..:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thx. Could you explain why these cloths seats are killing my back but the leather ones don't? Any insight from your experience? Have you heard of this problem before? I am ready to swap out the entire seat assembly for leather, give it a try, because I am desperate. No idea how to even go about doing that.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard of anyone complaining about the cloth seats giving back problems. If you like leather you can have your dealership install leather and you should be fine.