Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Limited: have 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited v8 4x4 4.7l

Customer Question

have 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited v8 4x4 4.7l when i start it ,it shakes well in idle and i give it gas but it takes a well to rev upthen i put it in gear and iit wants to die i change the spark plugs thinking it was that what can it be.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. Is the check engine light on or does it come on when trying to drive vehicle? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It flickers but doesn't stay on
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you may have a failed coil. Use a spark tester to see if each coil jumps a 25kv gap, replace any coil that doesn't. Let me know how it goes, thanks.