Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Grand Cherokee Larado: Morning, I have a 2000 JGC Larado.

Customer Question

Morning, I have a 2000 JGC Larado. The Key Fob will NOT open the Left Drivers side lock. The Left Door control will operate everything normally with a couple of exceptions. From the Left door controller it will only operation the left Drivers side electronic door lock (the other three door can be unlocked with the Fob or with the Rt fr door controller). And the Rt Window and back windows will open and close but there is a pause about ever couple of seconds, also i have noticed there is a clicking noise in the Rt Passenger door (close to the controller). And also that the Rt Passenger door controls and the two back door controls illumination goes off with the clicking noise. The pause, Clicking, and illumination problem happen at the same time.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
On your vehicle the locks and windows are controlled through a front driver and passenger module. Prior getting into wire testing with a multimeter, I need to know if you have access to a scan tool that can access these modules so we can see what they are seeing. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Chris, Appreciate your help. I have a multi-meter, but no diagnostic Scan Tool. -Damian
We are at the mercy of a scan tool that can check these modules. I can provide the wire diagrams if you feel that would help but we are stuck at diagnosing this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hear ya. Is it possibly a wiring problem and not a "controller" failure? Yes please send me any diagrams that you think might help.
I called around today. The local autoparts store said that there is a shop near me that will plug in and give me the scan results. I'll do some digging tomorrow and see if I can ID the shop and make a visit. It sounds like this is needed and a few bucs passed to the shop is worth it.
I've already swapped out the Driver Side door controller. And so how likely is it that the trouble is the passenger side door control module? If I did swap out the Left side controller then do the key fobs need to be somehow re-sync'd?Thanks for your help.
-Damian
Yes it is possible to be a wire issue. The module replacement steps do not state fob reprogramming is required. Fob programming is done with the DRBIII scan tool.Open the links below.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/00jeeplocks.pdfhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/00jeepwindows.pdf