Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

I have 2010 Jeep Wrangler sport automatic transmission. It

Customer Question

I have 2010 Jeep Wrangler sport automatic transmission. It just shuts off driving down road and have to disconnect battery to start it back up. Will run another five minutes or 500 miles and start all over again.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In most cases the type of problem you are having will usually be detected by the on board computer and should set a fault code and or codes. In order to help you determine what is failing the first thing you need to do is to have the system scanned and see what fault codes are setting. This needs to be done before you disconnect the battery to avoid resetting the computer. Post back if you can get the fault codes and we can work from there.