Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

I have a2014 jeep Sahara. It has the premier top. I would

Customer Question

I have a2014 jeep Sahara. It has the premier top. I would like a parts breakdown of the componties of the soft top frame. I want to know if there are several parts of just the entire top.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
If I could get the last 8 of your VIN I could give you a picture showing the parts..
Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
El240612
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Does this help
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Its a parts breakdown
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 2 door
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
This is VIN filtered for your vehicle.. It says it's a 2014 Wrangler Copperhead in color.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does my vin show 4 door?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Color is correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand filtered
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
No it shows a 2 door.. And what I mean by VIN filtered is that it's not a generic parts list, it's only for your VIN..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a number 24 called
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see those on mine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or31
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Here is parts list.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The front and back rods that are connected with hings are binding. Not lining straight with trying to slide the cover over the hinge
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Was it like this new or has someone damaged the top?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought used 8000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems the slides are bowgings the top. Causing a gap to form at area where the top meets the top of the door
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8000 miles
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what's wrong with it.. Diagnosing a top issue will be very difficult over chat, and bring it still under warranty I would have your nearest Jeep dealership have a look and see what's going on..
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
If you haven't damaged it then it should be covered if anything needs to be replaced
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dealer has no real idea
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SAd
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Did the dealership look at it allready? What did they say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the service manger Involed this morning. He played with it for awhile and then he brought over another tech. I asked them if they had much experience troubleshooting. Neither did. He then brought in a 2015 the top on the 2015 worked perfectly. Hinges lined up. Sliders moved easily. I told them that's right operation. He called me later and sId he wasordering a hinge or something. I was checking with you about the parts that could be ordered
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may go to a second dealer and if what they say. Is that something worth checking. Or just keep going back to them. I have been there three times already
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Have they installed the new hinge yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the manger said he was ordering it. And he would call me. Let me ask you. Should my top work as well as the other new Wramger did? Should I require them repair or replace parts to get it to operate as the other did? If they say this is the best they can do. What are my options?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I go to another dealership and see what they say?
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
If they can't fix it I would go to a different dealership..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just left another dealer this guy knows his stuff. He said its out of ailinement. Is that something a good tech can handle. Or does it take a factory trained tech?
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you need to let him fix it since he spotted the issue..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to another jeep dealer tomorrow morning at 1030. Iam going to see what they say. See how many results three different dealers come up with. Oh the first dealer service manger called me today and said he may have the parts he ordered tomorrow. I will let him install them and see where that's goes. I will write you after. The second dealer is unable to repair a soft top ailment problem. Something about digital pictures to send off.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Its called digital imaging we have to send in pictures to Chrysler to get the authorization..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will let you know what they say
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Ok.. Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating.Brad