Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

I have a 1998 jeep wrangler 4.0L I6. It has been running

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 1998 jeep wrangler 4.0L I6. It has been running great intown everyday. But if I drive for around a hour and a half in starts to loop and stall out when I'm either idleing or decelerating. When I give it a little gas it will loop and start running again but soon it will get to the point where it won't start till it sits for a hour or so. Then it will run great again. I have replaced the radiator, water pump, thermostat, TPS, IAC, MAP, and the CPS.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing sounds like you may have a fuel pressure concern, I would start with installing a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure while the problem is occuring, normal pressure needs to be right at 47 to 52 PSI and anything lower then 47 PSI would indicate a failing fuel pump. If you can check this and post back with the results we can work from there.