sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Compass: 2015 compass limited suddenly started making a grinding

Customer Question

2015 compass limited suddenly started making a grinding noise when turning the steering, difficult to move.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If it's making a grinding noise when trying to turn and you've lost assist then I would first suspect the power steering pump. It's possible that you could be low on fluid due to a leak or the problem could be in the steering rack, but if the fluid is full then the pump has most likely failed.
If you have lost assist then I would recommend having it towed to your dealer rather than trying to drive it. The repair and tow will be covered under your basic warranty.