Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Jeep cherokee: I6 4.0 was missing so i did a tune up on it

Customer Question

I6 4.0 was missing so i did a tune up on it replaced the plugs the plug boots and springs changed the oil oil filter air filter and it started missing worse and light blue smoking and fuel is coming out the exhaust have a code of open injector circuit on #3 cyl and #2 cyl is mis firing so replaced the coil rail and no change
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1j4gx48s34c220612
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Please accept my offer and call me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is for my son and he doesnt have a lot of money
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
IF you are getting injector circuit codes, then you need to check the fuel injectors and wiring going to the fuel injectors. You can use a noise light to check injector pulse to each injector one at a time. IT should blink as the engine is running. If the wiring checks out good, then I would suspect bad injectors or possibly a bad PCM.
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont have a noise light is there another way? would that cause the blue smoke? and why would it just start
after i done all the other stuff to it?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
We wont know the answer to that question until we diagnose the problem. It could be just a coinsedense.. You can check power to the injectors using a test light. BUt that is only checking half of the circuit. A noid light is best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok got a noid light and checked all cyl the light blinks dim on all but cyl 2 and 3 it was blinking on 2 as well when i first tested it then went out all together then on cyl 3 it hardly blinks but the light is bright
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry for the delay! I am not sure what your saying. Are you not getting injector pulse on number 2 and 3 injector connectors with the engine running??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i got it figured out it was a short in the wiring
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
YUP! That will do it!!
I am glad we got to the bottom of it and I am glad I can help!
Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "excellent service" for assisting you with your question.
It has been a pleasure working with you.
Customer